Photo, Video and Copyright Releases
Photo, Video and Interview Release Forms
Get a signed photo and video release whenever:
- The model is under 18
- The image is included in materials we cannot recall back (DVDs, viewbook, marketing brochures)
- The image is attached to personal info about that model; e.g. name, major, year in school or hometown
- The image is included in campaigns of a sensitive nature; e.g. sexual assault, addiction or mental health campaigns. Please also ensure models are informed if their images will be used in a subject-sensitive campaign such, and be as specific as possible. For those under 18-years-old, use the release forms for minors
Always get written permission to use someone else’s photo or design, even when the circumstance does not require a signed copyright release form; e.g., on social media.
Get a signed copyright release whenever the photo/video will be:
- Put to commercial use (defined as selling the photo or video such as in a calendar or on a T-shirt) * Made prominent on our USU website
- Included on print materials we cannot recall back (DVDs, viewbook, marketing brochures)
USU Copyright Release for Presenters
Please provide this form to presenters of a course, lecture, seminar, or other presentation when USU desires to capture the presentation in audio/video format. This form is used to obtain a copyright release for the captured presentation along with permission to use any accompanying materials.