Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m.- 5:00 p.m.
Closed 12:00 p.m.-1:00 p.m.
How We Can Help
USU Extension offers expertise and pertinent information specific to the needs of our county
With more than 480 farms covering 217,000 acres in Washington County, and adding more than $7 million in annual production; agriculture is still a strong part of our community. From the open space agriculture provides to the way of life many of us enjoy, keeping a robust and diverse base is important to us.
- Utah Livestock Auctions:
- USDA Market News
- Utah Department of Agriculture and Food (UDAF)
- Range Plants
- BEHAVE Livestock
4-H and Agriculture
- Agriculture Education (Large and small animal shows, Horse program)
- Color Country Natural Resource Camp
- Build the broadband infrastructure of the future, and make sure people know where it is.
- When attracting remote workers, incorporate housing into your economic development strategy.
- Create spaces, places, and programs where remote workers can meet and network.
- When working to increase remote employment for local workers, focus workforce development efforts on skills aligned with remote work professions.
- When attracting remote workers, target workers that already have connections to your community.
- Invest in quality of life.
- Building authentic, differentiated tech clusters
- Developing a skilled, abundant, and diverse digital workforce
- Providing excellent broadband connectivity
- Cultivating a vibrant tech community with plentiful networking opportunities and acceleration programs
- Crafting an excellent quality of place, complete with top-notch schools; parks and greenspace; bike lanes; and co-working spaces
Learning to garden and landscape in the desert can be very challenging! We have gathered information specific to southwest Utah. Here are some quick links:
- Soil Testing
- Plant Diagnostic Lab
- Elevations and Frost Dates for Washington County
- Safe Spring Planting Guide
- Pruning the Orchard
For Gardening Resources Visit USU Extension Washington County Gardening!
The Washington County Extension Family Life and Consumer Sciences Program is here to assist the community, families and individuals with information, education and other tools to increase the quality of life in Southern Utah. Our resources can enrich family life with money management skills, parenting and child development education, food and nutrition helps and life skills. For any questions contact Andrea Schmutz at 435-634-5706.
- Canning Altitude Chart
- EFNEP Program
- Create Better Health (SNAP-Ed) - Formerly known as "Food $ense"
- Food Safety Managers Online Course
- USDA Canning Guide
- Master Preserver Course
Please call 435-301-7740 to schedule an appointment.
- Becoming an Outdoor's Woman (BOW) registration opening soon!
- Washington County Sewing Conference
To join, login, register for events, or volunteer please visit 4h.zsuite!
4-H empowers youth to reach their full potential, working and learning in partnership with caring adults. 4-H is the nation’s largest Positive Youth Development Program. 4-H focuses on learning by doing. Through our unique partnership with USU Extension we are able to provide opportunities for youth throughout Utah.
4-H offers a wide variety of programs, projects, contests and events from livestock to sewing, and leadership to robotics.
Civic Engagement & Leadership
- Teen Council
- Officer Program
- County Contest
Healthy Living/Health & Wellness
Explore our site to learn more!
Washington County Newsletter
Sign up for updates!
Get weekly news, tips and events from us in your inbox.
USU Extension Washington County Contact Information
USU Extension Washington County Events
Select Calendar Date
Select Calendar View