In August of 2020, 4-H clubs in the Utah 4-H Program will have the privilege of chartering their club. Since the beginning of 4-H, the most valuable way to delivery learn by doing ways of positive youth development has been through clubs. We are excited to offer this benefit to our 4-H clubs in Utah.
State offices are expected to maintain documentation on the issuance of 4-H Charters and clubs so that clubs agree to use the proper 4-H name and emblem and follow all land-grant institutions' state or local 4-H policies. Chartering a club also helps define the club, lead to a more healthy positive youth development environment, and follow national law. This privilege also allows county 4-H coordinators to know who their active club leaders are so they can help them.
Each club interested in chartering must sign up using the Club Charter Request Renewal google form. They must fill out information such as Club name, club leaders, meeting location, leadership information, etc.
- Complete chartering form
- For further questions, contact Washington County 4-H Program Coordinator, Katarina Aikens at 435-301-7745 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Benefits of Chartering
- Creates uniform expectation for volunteers, less ambiguity
- Could be an opportunity to introduce club awards – Motivation/Goal Setting
- Quality Assurance
- Defines what a club is
- Allows 4-H Staff a mechanism to know who their active clubs are.
- Allows 4-H Staff an opportunity to better support clubs and assist them in the process/quality assurance
- Following the Law
- Positive Youth Development
- Increased social & leadership opportunities
Attachment 2022-2023 Chartering Form