- For More Information: contact Lorien Belton (435-770-2413; email@example.com).
- Chairs: Scott Chew and Dave Allison
Local Working Group (LWG) meetings are held quarterly. Unless otherwise noted, the UBARM LWG meets as indicated below:
Winter meeting (January or February)
- Scheduled in conjunction with WRI/UBPCD meeting (same day)
- Review any WRI projects related to sage-grouse in the Basin
- Policy and partner updates as appropriate
- Research and monitoring updates and plans
Spring meeting (as needed)
- Policy or partner updates as appropriate
- Updates and coordination regarding habitat or other project implementation and research projects.
- Some years may include a lek counting trip associated with the meeting
Summer field tour: (Normally a joint tour with the Uintah Basin/Northeast Region UPCD
- Past project visits and updates
- Future habitat improvement project identification and planning
Fall meeting: Nov or Dec, in conjunction with UBPCD meeting (same day)
- Discuss project updates
- Consider any new threats and any actions to take
- Propose new projects for funding in the upcoming year
- Partner and policy updates as appropriate
To be placed on the mailing list, or for specific meeting times and locations, contact Lorien Belton, CBCP Extension Specialist at 435-770-2413 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
UBARM Sage-grouse Conservation Plan
Reports and Publications
- 2020 Accomplishment Report of Utah’s Adaptive Resources Management Greater Sage-grouse Local Working Groups
- 2019 Accomplishment Report, Uintah Basin section or entire LWG report
- 2018 Accomplishment Report Uintah Basin section or entire LWG report
- 2017 Accomplishment Report, Uintah Basin section or entire LWG report
- Gruber-Hadden, Natasha W., T.A. Messmer, B.C. Maxfield, D.N. Koons, and M.R. Guttery. Population Vital Rates of Resident and Translocated Female Greater Sage-grouse. J. Wildlife ManagementDOI: 10.1002/jwmg.1062 pdf file
- 2016 Accomplishment Report, Uintah Basin Section, entire LWG report
- 2015 Accomplishment Report, Uintah Basin Section
- 2014 Accomplishment Report, Uintah Basin section
- Thesis by Orrin V. Duvuvuei (2013) Vital Rates, Population Trends, and Habitat-use Patterns of a Translocated Greater Sage-grouse Population: Implications for Future Translocations. Utah State University.
- Breidinger, Leah S., K.E. Mock, and T.A. Messmer. 2013. Greater sage-grouse and natural gas development in Utah: Using population genetic data for conservation efforts. Western North American Naturalist 73(2):177-183. pdf file
- 2012 Accomplishment Report, Uintah Basin section
Thesis by Natasha W. Gruber (2012). Population Dynamics and Movements of Translocated and Resident Greater Sage-grouse on Anthro Mountain, Utah. Utah State University.
Orrin Duvuvuei and Terry A. Messmer.2012 Annual Report. Anthro Mountain Greater Sage-grouse.
- Orrin Duvuvuei, 2011 Annual Report. Anthro Mountain Greater Sage-grouse Populations.
- James Taylor, 2011 Annual Report. Evaluation of Mechanical, Biological, and Chemical Treatments to Restore Sagebrush Steppe in Northeastern Utah.
- 2011 Accomplishment Report, Uintah Basin section
- Anadarko Report 2011. The application of GIS, Remote Sensing techniques to field telemetry data to model and map sage-grouse (Centrocercus spp.) seasonal habitat-use on Seep Ridge and East Bench and other areas in Utah: Implications for Guiding Sustainable Energy Development in the West.
- Presentation given to County Commission, Spring 2011.
- James Taylor. 2011. Evaluation of mechanical, biological, and chemical treatments to restore sagebrush steppe in northeastern Utah. Presentation given at the USU Wildland Resources Graduate Student Symposium.
- Research Report by Josh Kaze, Steven L. Peterson, Randy T. Larsen, and Rick J. Baxter. 2010. Greater Sage-grouse Habitat Selection at Multiple Spatial Scales in Utah. Brigham Young University.
- Dissertationby Eric T. Thacker (2010) Greater Sage-grouse Seasonal Ecology and Responses to Habitat Manipulations in Northern Utah. Utah State University.
- 2010 Communicator article about Landowners Support Research Efforts on Diamond Mountain
- 2010 Accomplishment Report, Uintah Basin section
- Anthro Mountain Report: Greater Sage-Grouse Habitat Restoration - Phase II: Restoration of Habitats Encroached by Pinyon-Juniper
- Anthro Mountain Grazing Preliminary Project Report
- 2009 Preliminary Report on Lop and Scatter Project on Anthro Mountain
- 2008 Report on Prescribed Fire Research Activities
- 2008 Accomplishment Report, Uintah Basin section
- 2008 Annual Report of USU Research Activities
- 2007Annual Report of USU Research Activities
- 2006-7 Accomplishment Report; Uintah Basin section
- Master's Thesis by Leah Smith. 2009. Greater Sage-grouse and Energy Development in Northeastern Utah: Implications for Management
- November 30, 2022
- October 21, 2021
- February 9, 2021
- October 28, 2020
- March 17, 2020
- December 3, 2019
- October 22, 2019
- April 16, 2019
- December 12, 2018
- December 5, 2017
- September 19, 2017
- March 21, 2017
- December 6, 2016
- April 6, 2016
- February 16, 2016
- November 17, 2015
- February 17, 2015
- December 16, 2014
- August 25, 2014
- May 27, 2014
- January 21, 2014
- November 19, 2013
- May 21, 2013
- February 19, 2013
- November 16, 2012
- June 19, 2012
- May 22, 2012
- March 20, 2012
- January 25, 2012
- December 6, 2011
- May 24, 2011
- February 15, 2011
- November 16, 2010
- March 16, 2010
- November 17, 2009
- March 17, 2009
- December 16, 2008
Please check back for future projects.