Outdoor Gear Design
The Outdoor Skills Program builds upon the best aspects of our 4-H project areas to engage youth in a skills centered program focused on: building interest and engagement in career related fields, developing life skills that enhance scholastic achievement, and increase interest and engagement in an active healthy outdoor lifestyle.
The Outdoor Skills Program is designed to take youth’s project area skills (cooking, sewing, hiking, camping, etc) and connect them to a college degree and career.
Outdoor Skill Activities/Events:
- Outdoor Product Design
- Outdoor Cooking
- Outdoor Education
2020 Workshops, Camps, Events
4-H New Year Snowshoeing Kickoff
Saturday January 4, 2020
12PM - 2PM
Swaner Preserve and Ecocenter,
1258 Center Dr, Park City, UT 84098
Click HERE for details
4-H Wild n' Out Book Club
We will be tentatively meeting the 4th Thursday of the month.
Click HERE for details
Presidents' Day Cross Country Skiing
Monday February 17, 2020
2PM - 4PM
Soldier Hollow Nordic Center,
2002 Soldier Hollow Ln, Midway, UT 84049
Register on 4h Online
Continue to check our Calendar as we add new workshops, camps, and events!
We live in a wonderful state to enjoy the outdoors! These resources below can help get you outside:
- Start your own club! We have DISCOVER 4-H Club curriculum to get you started. There are 6 week programs in subjects such as Geology, Forces of Nature, Emergency Preparedness, Environmental Education, Wildlife, and much more! Stay tuned as we are in the process of developing curriculum as well. https://utah4h.org/discover/
- Check the 4-H Curriculum on Environmental and Outdoor Sciences here: https://shop4-h.org/collections/environment-outdoor-science-curriculum
- We also have mobile labs at the office available for checkout including: Yarn and Bead Weaving, Guide to Animal Tracks and Scat, and Outdoor Cooking.
- Utah Nature Explorers - A wonderful program through USU extension that includes lesson plans, curriculum, and equipment to check out. https://extension.usu.edu/utahnatureexplorers/
- Every Kid Outdoors – Print free national parks passes for any fourth grader! Website includes lessons on Exploring Federal Lands and Waters, Environmental Stewardship, Our Nation’s Native People, and Citizen Science. Contact email@example.com to have a staff member come to your class to teach a lesson! https://everykidoutdoors.gov/
Please contact the office for questions, mobile labs, and ideas!