Watermelon Blueberry Salad
Watermelon and berry salads are simple and delicious. Not much needs to be added to the different fruits for them to release their natural flavors: just a bit of oil and lime. Optional: add a few chopped sprigs of mint for a bold taste!
- 4 cups watermelon (or half of a medium watermelon)
- 1 pint blueberries
- 2 tbsp. of olive oil
- 1 tbsp. lime juice
- optional (chopped, fresh mint)
1. Prepare the ingredients
- Chop the watermelon into bite-sized cubes
- Rinse the blueberries
2. Make dressing
- Whisk together oil and lime juice.
3. Toss salad
- Gently mix the berries, watermelon, and dressing.
- Optional: add mint.
Tasks for Helping Hands:
- Chopping watermelon
- Rinsing blueberries
- Mixing dressing
- Tossing Salad
Carrie Durward, PhD, RD, Sydney Mason, and Chelsey Mickelson