Sweet Potato Fries
We have turned the American classic on its head, swapping the traditional potato for its sweet counterpart in this delicious recipe. Sweet potatoes are chock-full of vitamins and fiber. Dip them in ketchup, aioli sauce, ponzu sauce, or anything you like!
- 2 medium-sized sweet potatoes
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. Salt
1. Preheat the oven; prepare the sweet potatoes
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Scrub the sweet potatoes with a brush and warm water.
- Chop the sweet potatoes into ¼ -½-inch slices.
2. Place the sweet potatoes on the cookie sheet
- Line the cookie sheet with aluminum foil.
- Drizzle the slices with olive oil, salt, and paprika.
- Toss the fries with the olive oil and paprika with both hands until all of the fries are coated in a small amount of oil, paprika, and salt.
- Lay the sweet potatoes in a single layer on the cookie sheet. All of the slices should be completely touching the pan and not on top of one another.
3. Cook unil crisp
- Place the sheet of fries into the heated oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Cook to desired level of crispness.
- Remove fries from oven and allow time to cool before serving.
Tasks for Helping Hands:
- Chopping sweet potatoes
- Covering tray with aluminum foil
- Tossing sweet potatoes with oil and seasoning
- Laying out potatoes on tray
Carrie Durward, PhD, RD, Sydney Mason, and Chelsey Mickelson