Restaurant Style Pico de Gallo
Love the pico de gallothat is served with chips at your favorite Mexican restaurant? With this simple recipe, you can easily make it for your family at home! Serve it with any number of dishes including, but not limited to tacos, fajitas, burritos, enchiladas, hamburgers, or nachos.
- 4 large tomatoes
- ½ red onion
- ¼ to ½ diced jalepeño (optional)
- 1 small bunch cilantro
- 2 tbsp. lime juice (about 1 lime)
- Large pinch of salt
1. Prepare the ingredients
- Dice tomato, red onion, and jalepeño (optional)
- Finely chop cilantro.
2. Mix in large bowl
- Add the cilantro to the diced onion, diced tomatoes, and dicedjalepeño (optional).
- Stir in the salt and lime juice.
- Be sure to stir gently so that the tomatoes do not smash.
3. Finish and serve
- Ideally, allow the pico de galloto chill in the refrigerator so that the flavors of the ingredients marinate together.
- Serve cold.
Tasks for Helping Hands:
- Dicing tomatoes
- Chopping cilantro
- Mixing ingredients
- Measuring lime juice or squeezing lime
Carrie Durward, PhD, RD, Sydney Mason, and Chelsey Mickelson