Frozen Yogurt in a Bag
This recipe is a great family activity where everyone can get involved! Once the bags are ready to shake, have everyone sit in a circle (outside is best because the bag might drip water). Take turns having each person shake the bag and passing to the next person until the yogurt is ready to eat.
- 3 cups honey or other sweetened Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Toppings (fresh fruit, granola, mini chocolate chips)
- 2 gallon-sized Ziploc bags
- 1-2 cups kosher salt
1. Combine ingredients
- Combine all the ingredients in one of the gallon-sized bags and seal tight.
2. Add salt and ice
- Place sealed bag inside the second bag.
- Fill the bag with ice and add the salt.
- Seal the bag.
- Shake consistently until the mixture has reached the desired texture. (The bags may drip water as the ice melts.)
4. Seperate Bags
- Take out inside bag.
- Cut a bottom corner to squeeze yogurt into bowls.
5. Serve immediately
- Serve immediately with any desired toppings.
Tasks for Helping Hands:
- Choosing toppings
- Dumping ice and salt
- Shake, shake, shake!
Carrie Durward, PhD, RD, Sydney Mason, and Chelsey Mickelson