Strawberry Lime Chia Pudding
Serving size: 1 cup | Preparation time: 10 minutes | Cooking time: 45 minutes | Adapted from Flavor the Moments
All the sweet, and all of the nutrients! This sweet treat is a great way to get Omega-3 fatty acids. Its easy to prepare and will become a family favorite!
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 lime
- 1 cup milk (we used unsweetened soy milk, you can use favorite milk or milk substitute)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Thaw the frozen strawberries.
- Purree the strawberries until it is smooth. Set the puree to the side.
- Zest the lime into a bowl, and then cut it in half and juice the lime into the same bowl.
- Add the cup of milk, strawberry puree, and sugar to the lime juice and zest.
- Whisk the mixture together until well blended.
- Add the chia seeds and olive oil and mix the pudding together until the seeds are well distributed.
- Cover and chill the pudding for one and a half to two hours, or until the chia is gelled.
- Top with whipped cream, extra lime zest, or just eat plain.
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container for 3-5 days, or frozen for up to three months.
Carolyn Washburn, Extension Associate Professor