FCS Ambassadors will help provide the leadership for the state FCS contest and provide statewide trainings in the FCS area monthly, plan and put on the 4-H Classic plus provide the statewide Healthy Habits TRY (teens reaching youth) training.
Applications: Open April 1 - June 15
For 4-H Members in grades 9-12 | Apply in grades 8 – 11
Serve July of current 4-H year to June of Following Year
How to Apply:
- Youth will need to upload a 2 page 4-H resume and 1 page cover letter following the 4-H Portfolio guidelines.
- Cover Letter Objectives
- Explain your leadership experience
- Why do you want to be a State FCS Project Ambassador?
- What has been your involvement in the FCS project area in the past?
- What do you hope to learn from this leadership role?
Wellness or developing healthy habits
- It also requires a recommendation from your county 4-H staff
The resume should represent a cumulative summary of the 4-H members background, skills, and accomplishments. The 4-H member should summarize their 4-H experience by highlighting their project involvement, activities, awards/recognitions, leadership experiences, and community service. Each year, applicants will need to update their information, maintaining the most pertinent information over time. Content should be clearly identified as 4-H or non-4-H; style of resume and formatting are at the discretion of the applicant. Applicants should include contact information, county, school grade, and year in 4-H. Maximum 2 pages.
If you love the FCS project areas of...
- Foods (cooking, cake decorating, food preservation, nutrition, etc.)
- Sewing (clothing, textiles, sewing construction, quilting, modeling, etc.)
- Family Consumer Science (FCS Knowledge, consumer decision making, life skills development, family finance, interior design, etc.)
- Needle Arts (crochet, knitting, needlework, etc.)
- Or developing healthy habits
... Then this leadership opportunity is for you! You will develop leadership skills of planning and executing events, workshops, trainings and putting on the 4-H Classic while meeting new people from across the state.
Selected youth must attend the mandatory training in July.
Questions? Contact JoLene Bunnell | (385) 268-6536 | email@example.com
Download the official Utah-4H Event App for detailed info on shows, projects, conferences, and so much more!