ENGAGING WITH THE ENVIRONMENT
Are you curious about the environment and how we can best take care of our world? Check out a video tutorial demonstrating hands-on environmental activities, such as creating your own cloud and working to clean up bird feathers from an oil spill. Then engage in a follow-up educational slideshow and finish with the picture submission survey. All the materials needed for these activities can easily be found at home and the video demonstrations and informational slideshow can be viewed at any time.
- WHO: Utah Air Force-connected youth who just completed 3rd-6th grades
- WHEN: Names of challenge participants will be drawn at the end of the 2020-2021 school year.
- WHAT: A virtual video demonstration, accompanied by an engaging with the environment presentation and a "Do & Snap a Pic" challenge which will be submitted here.
- WHERE: Watch this video online
- HOW: Watch the video. Click on the right directional arrow to advance through the video. Do the environmental learning experiments. An adult can help you with the experiment and walk youth through the physics concepts using the PowerPoint. Fill out the survey and share pics to be entered into the drawing for a STEM kit.
- COST: Free, thanks to 4-H Military Partnerships Program Grant Funding
The Engaging with the Environment PowerPoint can be found here.