Utah 4-H Events
Teen Winter Retreat
Join teens grades 9-12 from across the state at Teen Winter Retreat held in January. Youth participate in workshops about relationships and communication skills. Youth enjoy the outdoor winter activities as well as have the chance to ask our expert dating panel (Collegiate 4-H Members) questions. Come join the fun!
When: January 20-21, 2023
Friday 4 pm to Saturday 4 pm
Where: Aspen Grove – Provo Canyon
9521 Alpine Loop Scenic Byway, Provo UT, 84604
Who: Youth 9th-12th grade
Cost: $48.00 per person
Registration Open: October 24 - January 3 while spots last (last year spots filled in 3 weeks)
- Sleeping bag
- Gloves, hat, coat, boots
- for outside winter activities such as, snowshoe or cross country skiing.
- If no snow, high adventure course
- Flashlight and batteries
- Clothing, sweatshirt
- Waiver form must be uploaded into zsuites when registering
Teen Winter Retreat Design Team
If you want to expand your leadership skills and work in conjunctions with the 4-H State Ambassadors, apply to be on the Teen Winter Retreat Design Team. We will be selecting 8 design team youth.
Applications to be on the Teen Winter Retreat Design Team are open between September 1 – September 30.
*Must be willing to attend the design team training and planning retreat October 21-23, 2022.
For youth in 10th-12th grades.
Youth will plan the activities and teach the workshops at Teen Winter Retreat.
Must upload a 4-H Portfolio (Resume and cover letter) in zsuites.
Objectives for the cover letter are:
- Explain your 4-H Leadership experience.
- Why do you want to be a Teen Winter Retreat leader?
- What has been your involvement with this event in the past, if any?
- What do you hope to learn from this leadership role?
Questions? Contact JoLene Bunnell | (385) 268-6536
Download the official Utah-4H Event App for detailed info on shows, projects, conferences, and so much more!