Are you looking for a fun and engaging summer job? Do you like working with youth? Apply to become a camp counselor at the Swaner Preserve and EcoCenter Summer Camps today!
Swaner Preserve and EcoCenter offers opportunities for responsible and excited teens to be summer camp counselors. There are many benefits of being a camp counselor at Swaner! Gain leadership and teaching skills, boost your resume, and build a reference for future job applications — all while having fun helping kids explore nature and science!
A typical day of a camp counselor includes:
- Helping with set-up and clean-up of camp
- Playing games with campers
- Leading small group activities
- Ensuring camp is a fun, safe, and inclusive atmosphere
Camp Schedule & Themes
Teens entering Grades 9-12 in Fall 2023, who can commit to at least 2 weeks of camp
- Type of position: volunteer
- Time Commitment: must attend 2-day training and commit to volunteering for at least 2 weeks of summer camp (approximately 25 hours per week)
Teens entering Grades 9-12 in Fall 2023, and 2023 high school graduates, who are 14 or older and can commit to at least 4 weeks of camp
- Type of position: paid, starting at $9/hour
- Time Commitment: must attend 2-day training and commit to working at least 4 weeks of summer camp (approximately 25 hours per week)
- Wednesday, February 1st: Applications open
- Wednesday, May 17th: Applications due by 5 pm
- May 8th-26th: Interviews with Education team
- Friday, May 26th: Job offers and schedules will be sent to selected applicants
- Week of June 5th: two-day training—will be scheduled based on counselor availability
- Monday, June 12th-August 18th: Camps in session
- Beginning of August: end of summer social for camp counselors & Education team
To be considered for either Camp Counselor position, you must submit your application by 5 pm on Wednesday, May 17th.
Name: Madi McIntyre
Position: Youth Programs Coordinator
Location, Hours & Contact
Physical & Mailing Address
1258 Center Drive
Park City, Utah 84098
Wednesday – Sunday, 10 am – 4 pm
EcoCenter will be closed on December 23, 24,
and closing early on December 31.