"Why irrigate only with treated drinking water when you can supplement your irrigation needs through an effective graywater system?"
In the West, water is one of our most valuable commodities. Learn how to reduce your water use, and also explore USU research concerning water conservation, lesson plans to incorporate in the classroom, funding opportunities and more.
Water will be the coal of the futureQuotation Mark
FactsheetsView More Related Articles & Fact Sheets
- Aquatic Macro-Invertebrates
- Stream-Side Science
- Water Cycle
- Global Water Shed Lesson Plans
- National Geographic: Will there be Enough Fresh Water? Lesson Plan
- Learning to Give: Water Cycle Lesson Plan
- Peace Corps Water Availability & Usage Lesson Plan
Videos & Documentaries
Brian Greene from USU Water Quality Extension explains how rain barrels can improve our water quality and conserve water.
Brian Greene from USU Water Quality Extension shows how to build your own rain barrel.
Brian Greene from USU Water Quality Extension shows how to install a diverter for your rain barrel.
A webinar from May 28, 2020 on integrated rainwater harvesting with Moab-based permaculture designer Jeff Adams. Even in the desert, you can have a productive landscape without relying solely on municipal water! The webinar covers a broad view of techniques and best practices to catch, store and direct rainwater to where it matters most in your garden or backyard.
Jeff Adams from Terrasophia LLC shows strategies for permaculture and climate resiliency on both a small and large scale.
USU Extension Sustainability Professor Roslynn Brain discusses the grey water system attached to her home in Moab, UT.
Joanna Endter-Wada at TEDxUSU discusses the political and ethical debates surrounding water usage in the the western United States.
Jeremy Lynch gives a tour of the permaculture garden on the USU Moab Campus.
How USU Extension works to change water challenges into water sustainability.
- Conservation Economics Institute nonprofit organization that provides independent research on economic means for biodiversity, ecological health, and community welfare
- Climate Change in the Water Sector EPA resources and programs addressing water and climate change
- USU Center for Water-Efficient Landscaping Utah State University research and outreach center for efficient use of water in landscape irrigation
- USU Extension Water Quality Utah State University events, publications, and resources
- USU Year of Water: Water Expertise at Its Source compilation of Utah State University resources on water ecosystems, management, and education
Additional Fact Sheets
Journal Articles & Reports
Additional Journal Articles & Reports