Certified Remote Work Leader
Earn this certificate in 25-30 hours (6-8 hours per week over 4 weeks)!
The Remote Work Leader course is a blended course, combining online work with interactive virtual workshops. It is designed to engage you, as an organizational leader or manager, in appropriate techniques, curricula, and resources for the development and leadership of a remote work program. You'll also learn various approaches to managing remote employees and designing remote jobs.
Course Dates 2022
|May 2, 2022||May 27||1 month||April 27
12 p.m. MT
|May 5, 12, 19 & 26||12 p.m. MT|
|July 5, 2022||July 29||1 month||June 29
12 p.m. MT
|July 7, 14, 21, & 28||12 p.m. MT|
|September 6, 2022||September 30||1 month||August 31
12 p.m. MT
|September 8, 15, 22 & 29||12 p.m. MT|
|November 7, 2022||December 9||1 month||November 2
12 p.m. MT
|November 10, 17 & December 1, 8||12 p.m. MT|
|$149/Participant||Participants residing in the State of Utah may qualify for up to a 50% reimbursement for the cost of this course through the Custom Fit training program. This applies only to participants working in a for-profit company. Companies will need to submit a single application for funding through one of the following approved institutions in their geographic location:
The Remote Work Leader course consists of seven core modules delivered in a self-paced, online format, integrated with four interactive virtual workshops hosted via video conference. Participation in the workshops and learning modules alternate and are based on the following schedule:
Attend Interactive Workshop #1
Complete Module 1: Vision
Complete Module 2: Culture
Attend Interactive Workshop #2
Complete Module 4: Performance Management
Complete Module 5: Conflict Management
Attend Interactive Workshop #3
Complete Module 6: Change Management
Attend Interactive Workshop #4
Access the course syllabus by clicking here!
The program consists of nine core modules with the following objectives:
- Module 1: Vision
- Module 2: Culture
- Module 3: Communication
- Module 4: Performance Management
- Module 5: Conflict Management
- Module 6: Change Management
- Module 7: Learning & Development
At the completion of the course, the participant will be able to:
- Critically assess their organization’s current vision for the future
- Create a plan to include culture-building in routine operations
- Develop an effective communication agreement between remote employees and management
- Design a performance management plan to address common challenges with managing remote employees
- Create a conflict resolution chart
- Develop a change management process to address barriers to organizational change
- Design a strategy for addressing common barriers to remote employees’ learning and development
This course includes four live interactive workshops hosted over a video call using Zoom, a free video-conferencing software. Workshops will be held on Thursdays (please see course dates and schedule), and participation in all four workshops is mandatory for this course. If you are not able to participate fully in the workshops, please enroll in a different section of the course that is compatible with your schedule.
To successfully complete the course and earn the Certified Remote Work Leader online certificate, you will need to do all of the following:
- Complete all 7 course modules, including any assignments and quizzes contained within each module.
- Pass each assessment with a minimum score of 80%.
- Attend all four interactive workshops.
Upon successful completion of these course requirements, you will be presented with a Certificate of Completion to add to your professional credentials. You will also be supported by the Rural Online Initiative program as you move forward with creating a remote work environment within your organization.
You must also have broadband internet (DSL, Cable, Fiber, etc.) with minimum speed of 8Mbps download and 2Mbps upload to participate in the video workshops. You can check your Internet speed using http://www.speedtest.net