Utah Food Security Council
Utah Food Security Council (FSC) is the result of Senate Bill 133: Food Security Amendments. This bill creates a FSC at Utah State University to coordinate state efforts in addressing food security. This bill is sponsored by Senator Luz Escamilla. The goal of the FSC is multifold, it will:
1. develop statewide goals and messaging related to food security and nutrition education.
2. coordinate statewide efforts to address food security.
3. ensure that any state programs receiving federal funds from the United States Department of Agriculture Food and Nutrition Service provide consistent and coordinated nutrition education messaging.
4. promote programs and activities that contribute to healthy eating and active lifestyles.
5. promote programs and activities that advance Utah food products.
6. disseminate the statewide goals and messaging to state agencies.
Serving Utah Families
Food insecurity is a solvable problem. Partners in all sectors across the state of Utah are coming together to share knowledge, best practices, and resources. We invite you to join us.
Upcoming Council Meeting Agenda
Council Meeting Schedule
Previous Council Meeting Notes
How Can I Help?
In the News
Food Security Council meets the 3rd Wednesday of each month at 10am. Find meeting information here.