The Washington County 4-H Mountain Biking Program is a monthly ride that is open to all youth, age 8-18 who are residents of Washington County. The mission of this program is to cultivate positive attitudes towards mountain biking, healthy living, and a greater appreciation for being active in the outdoors. 4-H programs promote positive youth development. To help our young people become successful young adults, we use the essential elements of youth development: belonging, independence, generosity and mastery. These four elements create the underlying positive structure for participation in 4-H youth development activities.
Belonging - Positive relationship with a caring adult. A safe and inclusive environment which fosters a sense of belonging in all members.
Independence - Opportunity to see oneself as an active participant in the future. Opportunity to develop a sense of responsibility and influence over one’s choices, as well as the consequences of those choices.
Generosity - Opportunity to value and practice service for others—finding oneself often begins with losing oneself in the service of others
Mastery - Engagement in learning. Opportunity for mastery by building knowledge, skills, wisdom, and attitudes, then demonstrating their use
What do I need?
- A “can do” attitude!
- A cross country mountain bike (maintained/functioning)
- Safety equipment (e.g., helmet, gloves, eye protection, closed-toe shoes, first-aid kit, sunscreen)
- Bike maintenance supplies (e.g., tubes, hand pump, patch kit, tire levers, master-chain link, chain lube)
- Water & snacks
- Clothing appropriate for endurance mountain biking
CostThe annual 4-H membership fee is $10.00/youth age 8-18. Participation is free for all approved adult volunteers.
- A parent or adult must accompany youth on every ride.
- You are responsible for whomever you bring.
- Be on time…arrive at trailhead 15 minutes early.
- All youth must be a 4-H member after their first ride (register)
- All adults must be approved 4-H volunteers after first ride (register)
- Subscribe to ride reminders by texting @4hmou to 81010
- All rides are subject to change, please check website
- All riders are responsible to transport themselves and their bikes to and from trailhead
- For youth age 8-18 and adults (with intermediate mountain biking experience)
4-H Mountain Biking Club Schedule
|10:00 AM||Bearclaw Poppy & Snake Pit Loop 11.2 miles||Bloomington|
Twist & Shout 1.4 miles + Quail Overlook
|Quail Creek State Park|
|10:00 AM||Green Valley Race Track 6.4 miles||Bloomington|
|8:00 AM||Pushing Tin 5 miles||Desert Canyons|
|8:00 AM||Turnpike out and back 9 miles||Cedar Mountain|
|8:00 AM||Goosebumps loop 13.3 miles||Hurricane Cliffs/Virgin|
|8:00 AM||Grapevine, Dino Cliffs and Church Rocks 9.4 miles||
|8:00 AM||Cactus Hugger 8.6 miles||Hurricane Cliffs/Virgin|
|8:00 AM||Wire Mesa 7.4 miles||Gooseberry Mesa|
|8:00 AM||More Cowbell||Hurricane Cliffs|