Without our volunteers Utah Water Watch would not exist. We appreciate all the hard work and dedication from our volunteers!
Volunteer of the Year
Every year, we select a volunteer of the year and highlight them on our website and social media. Learn why they enjoy volunteering and continue to monitor. Also view graphs of their data.
We award monthly prizes for volunteers who submit data. Prizes include T-shirts, hats, water bottles, and other fun items to show our appreciation. Simply monitor your site and submit your data online to be automatically entered into the drawing.
May - John Slack - 4 sites on South Fork of the Ogden River and Weber River
April - Richard Daly - Johnson Lake - Western Colorado River Watershed
May - Sarah Morgan - Upper Valley and North Creek - Western Colorado River Watershed; Casey Hilburn - Quail Creek, Sand Hollow and Gunlock Reservoirs
June - Andrew Judd - Lake at the Hills
July - Canyon Country Discovery Center team Holly Phillips, Kayla Sullivan and Lauren Isbell - San Juan River and Monticello Lake
August - John Slack - 4 sites on South Fork of the Ogden River and Weber River
September - Steve Tidwell - Red Fleet Reservoir
October - Julie Brugger and Erica Walz - Pine Creek
- Prizes are only awarded for the months of April through October.
- One winner will be selected for each month. No repeat winners during the same calendar year.
- The selection for the monthly winner will occur three business days after the end
of each month. To be eligible, your report for the month needs to be submitted by
- The winner will be randomly selected from the pool of all volunteers who have successfully
reported a monitoring event for that month.
- Your name will be put into the drawing each time you report a monitoring event during the month. The more you monitor, the more chances you have of winning a prize!
- If you are selected to be a winner, you will be contacted by email or phone after the selection has been made.
- We will also announce the winner on the Utah Water Watch website and social media.