UTAH 4-H EVENTS
This contest is open to youth in 3rd to 12th grade, at the county level and state level . All divisions: Junior (3rd-5th graders), Intermediate (6th- 8th graders) and Senior (9th- 12th graders) are based on Sept. 1 of the current 4-H year. Only Senior division youth can compete at the national level.
We will be judging the sewing construction as well as modeling for the constructed/modified division on the state level. If the contest ends up being a virtual event, we will only judge the modeling and interview.
- At the national level they only judge the modeling and interview.
- National level only allows you to compete in one division.
Youth can compete in 2 different divisions and will be judged separately. Those divisions are:
- Constructed/Modified - 50% of the score will be on sewing construction and 50% will be on modeling and interviews (if virtual, 100% will be on modeling and interview).
- Modified outfits must show at least 30% change in the construction/design.
- Purchased/Embellished - 100% will be on modeling and interviews
- All items in this division are purchased but can included upcycling/embellishing that include little or no sewing of the purchased item.
Questions? Contact JoLene Bunnell | (801) 318-4603 | email@example.com