Honey Bees and Beekeeping
Utah State University Extension along with the Utah Department of Agriculture and Food have several resources related to pollinators and beekeeping throughout Utah.
Becoming a Beekeeper: Licensing, Utah Laws, and Best Practices
All beekeepers are required to register with the Utah Department of Agriculture and Food, and follow all laws and regulations. Registration funds help to retain UDAF county bee inspectors who work to insure that we have healthy hives in Utah.
- Application for Beekeeper License
- Utah Beekeeping Laws
- Honey and the Utah Cottage Food Program
- Setting up your Hive and Installing Bees (USU Extension)
- Beekeeping Monthly Calendar (USU Extension)
- Splitting the Hive (USU Extension)
Diseases, Pesticides, and Bee Health
Helpful information regarding recognizing problems within the hive.
Moab Native Bee Habitat
Fall Hive Inspection
How to Capture a Bee Swarm
Queen Release Inspection
Summer Hive Inspection