As we approach the winter season, those of us who have been working hard planting, irrigating, and harvesting crops, are welcoming a small break. On top of the care and time that goes into field crops, managing noxious weeds is another thing that a lot of...
What is USU Extension?With offices covering Utah's 29 counties, Utah State University Extension provides research-based community education, resources and programs in the areas of agriculture and natural resources; business and community; food, health, and wellness; home, finance, and relationships; and 4-H and youth.
Water Wise Resources
Find information through website, webinars, and factsheets on how to be effective and efficient with your water use this year. These resources cover a wide variety of topics on being conservative with water use, such as lawn watering, drip irrigation, drought tolerant gardens, and more!
Create Better Health Newsletter
Check out our Food Fun and Reading Newsletters to learn how to eat healthier by including all of the food groups. We include kid friendly recipes, and activity pages to help you get in the habit of creating better health for you and your family!
How We Can Help
USU Extension offers expertise and pertinent information specific to the needs of our county
Cache County Crop School
Cache County Event Center
490 S 500 W Logan, UT 84321
February 14th from 9:00 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Join us this month to learn about many aspects of weed management.
Beef Education Series
USU Extension - Cache County office
179 N. Main Street #111
Logan, UT 84321
February 10 - 7:30-8:30 p.m.
Trichomoniasis Laws - Matt Garcia
A.I. - Doug Hoffman
Economic Impacts - Matt Garcia
Beef Field Day - Februray 24-25 (USU South Farm 3561-3799 South 2400 West Logan, UT 84321)
- Land Use Strategies
- Managerial Accounting
- Ultrasound Demonstration
Online and and onsite registration available.
March 10 - 7:30-8:30 p.m.
Pasture Planting and Fertilizer - Kevin Jensen
USU Dairy Workshop
March 9 from 10a - 3p at the USU Caine Dairy
Lunch sponsored by IFA
- Utah Dairy Needs Assessment
- Ag Water Optimization
- Utah Dairy Trends and Benchmarks
- Occupational Health
- Managing Feed Costs
- Team Building
- Mental Health
Preventing Metabolic Issues
Cache County Agriculture
- Utah State University Cache County Extension in the Herald Journal
- Calving First Heifers
- Common Rates Charged by Custom Operators in Utah 2014
- Dryland Safflower Trials 2010
- 4-H Dairy Projects
- Chopping & Storing Quality Corn Silage
- Harvesting Corn Silage by Plant Moisture
- Utah Farmland Assessment Act
- Complete Bio Control
2023 Spring Garden Series
This spring series of garden-related classes and workshops are sponsored by USU Extension. Each workshop will offer participants a hands-on educational experience that is sure to help any backyard hobbyist become a better gardener.
Classes held February - June. Save your spot today!
Cache Gardeners Almanac Bookmark
Click the image below to view the bookmark!
USU Extension Pocket Gardener
Click below for more information!
Pressure Canning Lid Testing Days
Our pressure canning testing days are Monday through Friday of each week. Mondays are free, Tuesday-Fridays there will be a $5.00 charge (cash or card accepted). No appointment is necessary. Call our office with any questions, 435-752-6263. Check out the most recent Cache County Food Processing Times!
We have cooking appliances available for renting!
Items for rent are $2.00 per weekday for each.
- Food Dehydrator
- Pressure Cooker
- Food Strainer
- Dutch Oven
- Water Bath Canner
- Health and Wellness
- Food Preservation
- Emergency Preparedness (Food Storage, Water Storage, 72 Hr. Kits, etc.)
- Supermarket Spy
- Visit Lee's Marketplace for a fun scavenger hunt while grocery shopping
- Diabetes Cook-Along Class
- Bring a friend or loved one and come learn how to manage your diabetes symptoms and discover new cooking techniques to create tasty, diabetes-friendly meals! Participants will also receive a meal during class, a diabetes cookbook, and a chance to win door prizes! Sign up for free today!
- Basics of Home Canning - All Basic Canning classes are FREE and held at the Cache County Extension office (179 N. Main Street #111, Logan) from 5:30-6:30 p.m. Sign up today!
- March 7th
- April 4th
- May 9th
- August 3rd
- Hands-On Canning Series - Each Hands-On Canning class is $6 and held at the Cache County Extension office (179 N. Main Street #111, Logan) from 5:30-7:30 p.m. Sign up today!
- February 2nd - Soup
- February 23rd - Meat
- March 21st - Vegetables
- April 12th - Fruit
- May 18th - Jams/Jellies
- August 17th - Salsa/Tomatoes
- September 6th - Apples
- Dietary guidelines can help reduce risk of chronic disease
- Enjoy some chocolate history for Valentine's Day
- Space tight? Forget the ground and garden upward
For more information visit, extension.usu.edu/nutrition/
USU Extension Cache County Contact Information
USU Extension Cache County Events
Select Calendar Date
Select Calendar View