Goatsrue is an aggressive invasive plant and a declared Utah state noxious weed (Category 1B). It was introduced into the Cache Valley in 1891 and spread through the irrigation canals, streams, and rivers of the Bear River drainage. Cache County has one o...
2021 Water Check Program
Water Checks evaluate the efficiency of your automated sprinkler system and provide customized irrigation schedules.
Water Checks have begun for the 2021 season!
2021 Cache County Fairbook
RISE AND SHINE...the 2021 Cache County Fairbook is here! Click the link below to see the schedule of events, fair exhibits, and more!
Create Better Health Newsletter
Check out our Food Fun and Reading Newsletters to learn how to eat healthier by including all of the food groups. We include kid friendly recipes, and activity pages to help you get in the habit of creating better health for you and your family!
How We Can Help
USU Extension offers expertise and pertinent information specific to the needs of our county
- Utah State University Cache County Extension in the Herald Journal
- Calving First Heifers
- Common Rates Charged by Custom Operators in Utah 2014
- Dryland Safflower Trials 2010
- 4-H Dairy Projects
- Chopping & Storing Quality Corn Silage
- Harvesting Corn Silage by Plant Moisture
- Utah Farmland Assessment Act
- Complete Bio Control
Pressure Canning Lid Testing Days
Our pressure canning testing days are Monday through Friday of each week. Mondays are free, Tuesday-Fridays there will be a $5.00 charge (cash or card accepted). No appointment is necessary. Call our office with any questions, 435-752-6263.
We have cooking appliances available for renting!
Items for rent are $2.00 per weekday for each.
- Food Dehydrator
- Pressure Cooker
- Food Strainer
- Dutch Oven
- Water Bath Canner
- Health and Wellness
- Food Preservation
- Emergency Preparedness (Food Storage, Water Storage, 72 Hr. Kits, etc.)
- Supermarket Spy
- Visit Lee's Marketplace for a fun scavenger hunt while grocery shopping
- Free Virtual Cooking Classes
- September 14th 5:30-6:30p (Chicken & Veggie Pasta Bake)
- September 22nd 3:30-4:00p (English Muffin Pizzas)
- October 6th 5:30-6:30p (Dinner TBD)
- October 20th 3:30-4:00p (Snack TBD)
- October 25th 6:30-7:30p (Family Night - Halloween Treat)
- Basics of Canning Class
- September 16th 12:30-1:30p
- September 21st 7:00-8:00p
- October 7th 11:00a-12:00p
- October 12th 7:00-8:00p
- Apple Canning Class
- September 28th 10:30a-12:00p (Applesauce)
- September 29th 6:30-8:00p (Applesauce)
- October 5th 6:30-8:00p (Apple Pie Filling)
- October 6th 10:30a-12:00p (Apple Pie Filling)
- Coming Soon: Finance Classes, Diabetes Management Classes
- Dietary guidelines can help reduce risk of chronic disease
- Enjoy some chocolate history for Valentine's Day
- Space tight? Forget the ground and garden upward
For more information visit, extension.usu.edu/nutrition/
USU Extension Cache County Contact Information
USU Extension Cache County Events
Select Calendar Date
Select Calendar View