Why do a Portfolio?
Benefits of the 4-H Portfolio include participating in the county contest with cash prizes, gaining record keeping skills, entering state contests in the 9th-12th grade, applying for 4-H Scholarships, etc. The NEW FORMAT teaches you how to organize your 4-H experiences into a resume and coverletter format. This is a skill to develop as 4-H members apply for scholarships, college, and employment following your 4-H years.
*NEW* 4-H Portfolio Course
Other Click & Go Portfolio Resources
- September 5th, 2023 Portfolio Clinic- Join us via Zoom at 7:00 pm.
- County Video Training
- First Year Portfolio Sample
- Utah 4-H Portfolio Site
Cover Letter Objectives
- Summarize your project for the current year and specifically outline the skills you have developed, knowledge you have gained, and goals you have achieved.
- Describe your 4-H leadership experiences and how you have grown as a person.
- Provide details on the impacts of 4-H community service and how these experiences have affected your community.
- Explain how your involvement in the Utah 4-H junior livestock project has impacted your life and challenged you to grow and push yourself outside of your comfort zone
County Contest-Submission Deadline September 15: Submit in ZSUITE
BEJL Deadline-October 15th Livestock participants- Visit BEJL Website