The purpose of this website is to help livestock producers with waste management issues and provide understandable information about the regulations. For more information, click on the buttons below.
- If you run into compliance issues from COVID-19, please work with the Utah Division of Water Quality. Enforcement discretion (upset waivers) may be allowed. Click for more information.
WATERS OF THE UNITED STATES (WOTUS) DEFINITION
- EPA and the Dept. of the Army are planning to revise the definition for Waters of the United States (WOTUS). Ten regional roundtables are being livestreamed in May and June 2022 to provide input on this rulemaking. Click for more information.
HIGHLY PATHOGENIC AVIAN INFLUENZA (HPAI)
- Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza (HPAI) has been documented in wildlife, and backyard and commercial flocks. This highly infectious, and often fatal, disease was first observed on the east coast and has been moving west. Confirmed cases have recently been identified in Utah and Idaho. Click for more information on how to identify, and protect, your flock.
Tools for Record Keeping
- A spreadsheet to help with record-keeping and nutrient management planning is available. Click to download the spreadsheet.
- Permitted Animal Feeding Operations in Utah should use the Utah NMP Template available. Click to download the template.