Who may participate?
- Any interested citizen that has attended a Utah Water Watch Training.
- It is an excellent program to incorporate with you class or camps.
- Gain understanding of water quality in Utah and encourage stewardship
- Participate in citizen science and learn monitoring techniques
- Data collected will be added to a database available to the public and state managers
Tier I monitoring uses both qualitative and quantitative methods that are appropriate for all ages. The data that is collected by these methods are used for educational and screening purposes. The data collected in Tier I is shared with professional water managers and allows them to identify potential problems or areas that need additional monitoring. In this way Utah Water Watch volunteers are serving as allies, helping monitor and protect lakes and streams by being stewards of their monitoring locations.