Utah Association of Youth Councils
Welcome to the Utah Association of Youth Councils! Our purpose is to build youth awareness, engagement, and leadership in community and civic issues by promoting the growth and development of youth councils associated with municipalities throughout Utah.
We do this through an annual youth leadership conference hosted in March at Utah State University, and a fall adult advisor in-service held in September. In addition to these main events, we are willing to answer any questions you may have, and we can coordinate with USU to provide additional local training for you and your youth.
Youth Council Association Membership
Everything on this website is free to use to help build Youth Councils in your area. If you would like to receive additional support and training, membership is encouraged. To join, membership is $5 per year for each of your youth members.
Utah Youth Council Locations
Utah currently has youth councils in cities all throughout the state. Contact or get more information about a specific Youth Council below.
Youth Council By City
Frequently Asked Questions
- Ensure their voices are heard in local government
- Understand the value of public service
- Gain valuable leadership skills to use throughout life
- Get youth involved in much-needed service in the community
- Build an increased sense of inclusiveness of diverse perspectives
Local Councils or Commissions
- Increased connection with students across the municipality
- Opportunity to hear more diverse community perspectives
- Expanding opportunities to impact the lives of youth
That is excellent! A youth council will be a valuable asset in your community. There are many resources we have available to help you along the way in this journey! Check out our Utah Youth City Council Guide to get you started as well as our many other resources below!
Utah Youth Council Gallery