* Each webinar is approved by the UAMFT for 1 CEU. To request a CEU, fill out the survey provided directly after the live webinar.
Thursday, December 15th, 2022
Zoom Webinar Registration
Navigating Cultural Differences in Marriage - Dr. Ofa Hafoka-Kanuch, PhD
Dive into a discussion with Dr. Hafoka-Kanuch on how to approach cultural differences in your relationship, including the following topics:
- Exploring and identifying personal cultural values
- Recognizing implicit bias
- Openness to learning about partner's culture and cultural values
- Managing conflict when it arises (effective communication, adjusting expectations, and creating new traditions)
Following her presentation, Dr. Hafoka-Kanuch will hold a 15-20 anonymous Q&A session!
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
Dr. Ofa Hafoka-Kanuch is a licensed psychologist at BYU Counseling and Psychological Services where she primarily provides individual therapy to university students, and she runs a private practice on the side. A few of the common concerns that she works with include performance and sports-related stress, anxiety, depression, trauma, eating disorders, perfectionism, and racial minority stress. She also teaches Positive Living and Performance Psychology.