Plate 1165X. Red Cliffs 1902 – 2005 Viewed northeast across the Fremont River to the Red Cliffs west of Torrey, Utah. The foreground is an irrigated meadow and hayfield. The tall cottonwoods on the left were planted around ranch buildings - - currently The Lodge at Red River Ranch. The Fremont River is hidden from view by the slope of the land on the left. Willows - - photo center - - are associated with an irrigation ditch. Juniper has increased on the right edge. The photopoint is on Utah Highway 24.
U.S. Forest Service photograph (34299) taken by Albert Potter in 1902; retake by Charles E. Kay on September 20, 2005 - - Photo No. 5574-27. Original photograph held by the U.S. Forest Service Regional Office, Ogden, UT - - see Prevedel and Johnson (2005).
South West: Section 8, Range 4 East, Township 29 South; UTM 457100 E, 4239700 N; elevation 6,875 ft.