Harris Flat Ranger Station
Plate 566X. Harris Flat Ranger Station 1922 – 2004 Viewed west to the old Harris Flat Ranger Station south of Utah Highway 14. The ranger station is on the right and the barn is on the left. The spruce trees in the retake were planted in front of the ranger station, which has since been torn down. The barn too has been removed but the foundation is still present. The Landcruiser in the retake is parked at the gate in the fence on the old roadway - - the old roadbed can also be seen in the foreground. A USFS Snowtel station has been established behind and to the right of the Landcruiser. The area was actively being grazed by cattle in 2004. The large ponderosa pine on the right skyline has died and fallen. In general, however, ponderosa pine has increased. Mountain big sage and bitterbrush have become established on the hillside to the right. A new powerline has been added.
U.S. Forest Service photograph (164696) taken on May 21, 1922; retake by Charles E. Kay on August 8, 2004 - - Photo No. 5369-34. Original photograph (7300-Dixie-12) held in the U.S. Forest Service Regional Office Photographic Collection housed at Weber State University, Ogden, UT.
South West: Section 19, Range 6 West, Township 38 South; UTM 360900 E, 4150150 N; elevation 7,800 ft.