Wedding season is upon us, and amidst all the planning and excitement, it’s important for couples to be sure they know each other well. Here are some important questions to ask before tying the knot.
- Do I get along well with my partner’s family?
- Does my partner have a good conscience?
- Do I have common interests with my partner?
- Can I communicate well with my partner about tough topics?
- Does my partner take time to understand my point of view, even if he/she disagrees with it?
- How does my partner deal with conflict?
- How does my partner handle money?
- Are my family values similar to my partner’s?
- Are my spiritual values and beliefs compatible with my partner’s?
- What are other people’s perceptions of my partner?
For more information and class schedules on relationships, visit Healthy Relationships Utah.
By: Naomi Brower, Utah State University Extension associate professor
Ask an Expert - Tips for Christmas Tree Selection and Care
In late November and early December, many Utahns head to their local Christmas tree grower or tree lot to make this year's selection. Proper selection and care for a live tree once it is home can provide for a happier and safer holiday season.Read More
USU Extension Relationship Month Includes Utah Marriage Celebrations
Utah State University Extension celebrates the importance of healthy relationships during January and February. Included in the 6-week celebration are two marriage conferences - one on Feb. 7 in Ogden and one on Feb. 28 in Salt Lake City. Additional relationship resources include weekly emails, videos, podcasts and billboards along I-15.Read More
Jack-o'-lanterns: Prevent Your Carved Creation from Becoming a Fungal Fiasco
Carving pumpkins into jack-o'-lanterns is an art form that comes in all shapes, sizes and levels of difficulty. The final product (usually) makes the pumpkin carver proud and anxious to display his or her work. However, often just a few days later, the artistic creation may start to wither and rot, and eventually, mold will take over.Read More