Wedding season is upon us, and amidst all the planning and excitement, it’s important for couples to be sure they know each other well. Here are some important questions to ask before tying the knot.
- Do I get along well with my partner’s family?
- Does my partner have a good conscience?
- Do I have common interests with my partner?
- Can I communicate well with my partner about tough topics?
- Does my partner take time to understand my point of view, even if he/she disagrees with it?
- How does my partner deal with conflict?
- How does my partner handle money?
- Are my family values similar to my partner’s?
- Are my spiritual values and beliefs compatible with my partner’s?
- What are other people’s perceptions of my partner?
For more information and class schedules on relationships, visit Healthy Relationships Utah.
By: Naomi Brower, Utah State University Extension associate professor
Ask an Expert: Five Tips for Food Safety at Holiday Buffets
The aromas of holiday foods often bring to mind the sweet memories of years past. Whether a large family gathering, office party or pot luck, the holidays are filled with traditional foods that bring people together. On the other hand, there may be in your memory a time where the result of such a gathering left you nauseous, vomiting or worse because of an episode of food-borne illness.Read More
Ask an Expert: Five Things That Can Change Your 2017 Taxes
April 17 is tax day for 2018, and even though it is almost 6 months away, you are nearly out of time to put important tax preparation measures into place.Read More
Ask an Expert: Four Reasons Pumpkins are the Perfect Fall Food
Pumpkins are great to use in decorating, but are just as great to use in dining. Check out this article to see why!Read More