Wedding season is upon us, and amidst all the planning and excitement, it’s important for couples to be sure they know each other well. Here are some important questions to ask before tying the knot.
- Do I get along well with my partner’s family?
- Does my partner have a good conscience?
- Do I have common interests with my partner?
- Can I communicate well with my partner about tough topics?
- Does my partner take time to understand my point of view, even if he/she disagrees with it?
- How does my partner deal with conflict?
- How does my partner handle money?
- Are my family values similar to my partner’s?
- Are my spiritual values and beliefs compatible with my partner’s?
- What are other people’s perceptions of my partner?
For more information and class schedules on relationships, visit Healthy Relationships Utah.
By: Naomi Brower, Utah State University Extension associate professor
Ask an Expert: Planning a Road Trip? Try These Healthy Eating Tips
Many people have road trips on their agenda this summer. It's not always easy to eat healthy foods while on the road, or on any vacation for that matter, but with a little planning and effort, it can be done.Read More
When is Enough, Enough? Consider Creative Deprivation This Holiday
We all know it is easy to get carried away with "decking the halls" during the holidays, and the concepts of excess, over indulgence and over scheduling come to mind this time of year more than ever. In general, there is a trend toward excess in our lives.Read More
Ask an Expert: Financial Health by Decades
The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, combined with a review of research and consultation with leading experts, found that financial well-being includes the following four elements:Read More