Wedding season is upon us, and amidst all the planning and excitement, it’s important for couples to be sure they know each other well. Here are some important questions to ask before tying the knot.
- Do I get along well with my partner’s family?
- Does my partner have a good conscience?
- Do I have common interests with my partner?
- Can I communicate well with my partner about tough topics?
- Does my partner take time to understand my point of view, even if he/she disagrees with it?
- How does my partner deal with conflict?
- How does my partner handle money?
- Are my family values similar to my partner’s?
- Are my spiritual values and beliefs compatible with my partner’s?
- What are other people’s perceptions of my partner?
For more information and class schedules on relationships, visit Healthy Relationships Utah.
By: Naomi Brower, Utah State University Extension associate professor
Ask an Expert: Talking Turkey - 6 Tips for Safe Preparation
It is estimated that each Thanksgiving, more than 46 million turkeys are prepared and eaten in the United States. Because of the number of turkeys prepared, food-borne illness also increases during the holidays.Read More
Ask an Expert: Four Reasons Pumpkins are the Perfect Fall Food
Pumpkins are great to use in decorating, but are just as great to use in dining. Check out this article to see why!Read More
Ask an Expert: When Is Enough, Enough? Planning for the Holidays
We all know it is easy to get a little carried away with "decking our halls," and the concepts of excess, over indulgence and over scheduling come to mind during the holiday season more than ever. In general, however, there is a trend toward excess in our lives.Read More