Wedding season is upon us, and amidst all the planning and excitement, it’s important for couples to be sure they know each other well. Here are some important questions to ask before tying the knot.
- Do I get along well with my partner’s family?
- Does my partner have a good conscience?
- Do I have common interests with my partner?
- Can I communicate well with my partner about tough topics?
- Does my partner take time to understand my point of view, even if he/she disagrees with it?
- How does my partner deal with conflict?
- How does my partner handle money?
- Are my family values similar to my partner’s?
- Are my spiritual values and beliefs compatible with my partner’s?
- What are other people’s perceptions of my partner?
For more information and class schedules on relationships, visit Healthy Relationships Utah.
By: Naomi Brower, Utah State University Extension associate professor
Ask an Expert: Seven Ways to Improve Your Slumber
The amount of sleep we need changes with age. Teens need 8-10 hours of sleep each night. Lack of proper sleep affects their growth, academic performance, mood and behavior. Adults 18-64 years of age require 7-9 hours of sleep. Sleep needs for older adults may slightly diminish with age.Read More
Ask an Expert: Four Reasons Pumpkins are the Perfect Fall Food
Pumpkins are great to use in decorating, but are just as great to use in dining. Check out this article to see why!Read More
Ask an Expert: 12 Tips for Earthquake Readiness
With the sobering news of recent natural disasters around the world, many people are wondering how they would respond during and after such traumatic events. What emergency preparations have you made? What would you do in a tornado? What would you do in an earthquake?Read More