Wedding season is upon us, and amidst all the planning and excitement, it’s important for couples to be sure they know each other well. Here are some important questions to ask before tying the knot.
- Do I get along well with my partner’s family?
- Does my partner have a good conscience?
- Do I have common interests with my partner?
- Can I communicate well with my partner about tough topics?
- Does my partner take time to understand my point of view, even if he/she disagrees with it?
- How does my partner deal with conflict?
- How does my partner handle money?
- Are my family values similar to my partner’s?
- Are my spiritual values and beliefs compatible with my partner’s?
- What are other people’s perceptions of my partner?
For more information and class schedules on relationships, visit Healthy Relationships Utah.
By: Naomi Brower, Utah State University Extension associate professor
Study Finds Electric Pressure Cookers Not Consistently Safe For Canning
Preliminary research conducted by Utah State University Extension professors shows that using electric pressure cookers for small batch, low acid canning may not destroy the bacteria that is responsible for botulism poisoning.Read More
Ask an Expert - Four Back to School Tips for Parents
Summer is winding down, and many children are hitting the books instead of the snooze button. In addition to encouraging children to stay organized and responsible with their time and activities, it is important to have conversations about social tips that will help in their relationships with friends, teachers and other employees at the school.Read More
Tips for Stopping the Spread During Cold and Flu Season
Basic Tips: Clean and wipe down shared surfaces such as countertops, keyboards and phones. Avoid touching your mouth, nose and eyes, and wash hands thoroughly and often. etc.Read More