Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work
The Seven Principles Workshop for Couples is based on the internationally acclaimed research of Dr. John Gottman as presented in his New York Times bestselling book-The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work. This educational workshop is designed to help couples improve their friendship and conflict management skills. The Seven Principles Program includes lectures and private couple exercises. Please plan for both partners to attend all sessions. Participants will not share their personal problems in front of others.
Workshops provide tools to help couples:
- Improve friendship, fondness, and admiration
- Enhance romance and intimacy
- Manage conflict constructively
- Gain skills to address perpetual and solvable problems
- Create shared meaning
- Maintain gains throughout a lifetime
Register Below. Please note:
- Each course is facilitated live by USU educators.
- Most courses have multi-sessions (e.g., once per week). Plan to attend all sessions.
- Must live in Utah and be age 18 or older to attend.
- Virtual and In-person Options. (please double check before registering)
- Check back for newly scheduled options.
- Interested in hosting a “private” course for your business or friends? See healthyrelationshipsutah.org/get-involved/host-a-course
When asked what they learned from this course, participants said:
“I often think about how you helped us through our troubled time and just want to thank you again. Our relationship has grown better and better by the years because of our meetings with you, learning to communicate, and of course staying out of trouble on my end.”
“Just wanted to let you know there’s been marked improvement after just one session. It was difficult to say all the things I had to say but helpful that you were there as a third-party. My husband also feels encouraged. Even though it’s difficult to deal with these things, I think it will be extremely helpful, especially in light of our family issues. There were a few instances where he already rephrased things and I responded positively.”
“An eminently practical guide to an emotionally intelligent-and long-lasting marriage.”
Learn more about the courses we teach: