How We Can Help
USU Extension offers expertise and pertinent information specific to the needs of our county
Farms and ranches are still a part of life in Carbon County. This rich heritage has always been a big center of activity for USU Extension.
Thirty-nine percent of the land in Carbon County is privately owned--quite different from most rural Utah counties. With private and public lands as close neighbors, it is important to have good cooperation between public land agencies and private landowners. Utah State University Extension has been very involved in these cooperative efforts.
Issues of concern to Carbon County producers include:
- Farm safety
- Irrigation water management
- Insect and weed control
- Soil condition
- West Nile Virus
- Disease prevention and control in crops and livestock
- Enterprise profitability
If you have suggestions on topics that would be of interest to Carbon County producers, please call us at 435-636-3235.
Family and Consumer Science (FCS) addresses the issues of family communication, parenting and child development, the balance of work and family, nutrition, and management of personal finances.
The FCS agent’s focus is to teach the knowledge, skills, attitudes, and behaviors needed for:
- Balancing personal, home, family, and work lives.
- Promoting optimal nutrition and wellness across the life span.
- Strengthening the well-being of individuals and families across the life span.
- Using critical and creative thinking skills to address problems in diverse family, community, and work environments.
- Ensuring security for the family’s financial needs.
- Promoting and sustaining the 4-H youth organization.
See the Carbon County Extension calendar for scheduled events. For more information call the Carbon County office at 435-695-2542.
USU Extension Carbon County Contact Information
USU Extension Carbon County Events
Select Calendar Date
Select Calendar View