In addition to the Barn/Boarding policy below, there are several policies that govern general behavior in the Facility by riders and other guests, including those boarding at the Facility.
Barn & Boarding Policy
In order to provide for the barn flow, barn function and general public safety and enjoyment:
- Boarders who rent month-to-month stalls/paddocks/runs from the Bastian Agricultural Center are required to purchase a riding pass that allows the patron to use all available facilities within the Facility.
- Owners, trainers and boarders are expected to keep alleyways clear of all equipment, excess hay and bedding.
- Heat lamps and space heaters are not permitted in the barns. Only incandescent light bulbs are allowed.
- Alcohol use is prohibited.
- Lessee is responsible for their own tack. Please plan accordingly for safekeeping of personal belongings. The Facility is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Smoking (including e-cigarettes) is prohibited, unless in a designated Facilitying lot.
- Only one horse is permitted per stall. Mares and unweaned foals are allowed with the advanced approval of the Facility Director.
- Stalls are rented for the purpose of boarding horses. No other animals are to be kept in boarding stalls.
- Facility and barn lights must be out by 11:00 p.m.
- Horses are not permitted to be tied to stall doors or stall fronts.
- Lessee is responsible for keeping stall areas clean. When vacating a stall, it is the boarder's responsibility to strip the stall.
Facility Use Rules
The Bastian Agricultural Center reserves the right to refuse service to anyone. Termination of a Lease Agreement or removal of Facility privileges will be determined by Facility Management. Any individual, boarder or patron of the Bastian Agricultural Center who is classified as a chronic rule breaker will be evicted from the Facility with the associated loss of Facility boarding and usage privileges. A chronic rule breaker is defined as, but not limited to:
- Anyone who warrants and receives two written warnings regarding a particular rule violation; or
- Anyone who warrants and receives three written warnings regarding any combination of rule violations.