February Gardening Tips
- Sharpen pruning equipment and get ready to prune.
- Start seeds (broccoli, cabbage and spinach especially) indoors in a sunny, warm location for a jumpstart on the season.
- Sharpen shovels and other equipment to prepare for spring gardening.
- Plant peas in the garden in late February, as soon as the snow is off the ground.
- Fertilize fruit trees with nitrogen.
- Purchase seeds from your favorite nursery or garden center early—before your favorites are all sold out.
- Become a member of the gardens here, and enjoy all gardening events and workshops offered, with discount prices.
- Know when to spray and what to watch for. Sign up for pest advisories here.