Horse Study Material Volume 1
Horse Study Material Volume 2 (NEW)
Horse Rank Advancements - 2021
FAQ's for Horse Ranks
March 29 - Junior
April 26 - Junior, Intermediate, Senior
May 10 - Junior, Intermediate, Senior
May 24 - Intermediate, Senior
Location: Weber County 4-H Office
Time: 7:00 p.m.
Eligibility: 3rd-12th grade youth (as of September 1st)
Team or Individual: Individual competition only
Register: Call Ashley at 801-399-8202
Registration Deadline: 3 days before contest
Description: Participants answer horse-related questions in a quiz bowl format. Questions will come from the following references:
- Juniors: Horses and Horsemanship
- Intermediates: Horses and Horsemanship; Horse Science
- Seniors: Horses and Horsemanship; Horse Science; Illustrated Dictionary of Equine Terms
Guidelines: We will follow state guidelines for this event with the following exceptions:
- Youth will compete individually rather than in teams.
- Bonus questions will go to the individual youth who correctly answered the toss-up question that goes with the Bonus Question. The individual will earn the points if answered correctly.
Awards: Each youth earns a blue, red or white ribbon based on the Danish judging system: Blue (excellent): 90-100, Red (good): 75-89, White (fair): 74 and below.
Next Steps: The four highest scoring 9th-12th grade (as of September 1st) youth plus one alternate will make up the team that represents Weber County in State Contests.