The Stream Side Science workshop demonstrates how to use simple water monitoring techniques to teach biology, earth systems, geography, chemistry, agriculture, natural resources, and math concepts.
Why should you come to a workshop?
You can get 1/2 to 1 USU credit and relicensure points
- You will get valuable hands-on experience outdoors
- You will learn how to teach science, math, and geography in a hands-on fashion
- You will learn how to create a water monitoring program for your students
- Substitute reimbursement may be available - please check with us when you register
- Lunch is provided
Workshop participants receive:
- Stream Side Science lesson manual which includes 11 lesson plans and water related activities (CD),
- Utah Stream Team Monitoring Manual (CD),
- Water Quality Educator Resources (CD)
- Start-up kit for aquatic invertebrate lessons,
- Hands-on training on monitoring techniques.
We will be outside at a local stream during the afternoon, participants should dress for the weather. If you have water-proof shoes or waders you are encouraged to bring them along (not required).
Request a one or two day workshop in your area! We can schedule workshops anywhere in utah for 10 or more participants. For more information or to request a workshop in your area contact Eric Peterson, email@example.com, or Tiffany Kinder firstname.lastname@example.org (435) 797-2580.
What have educators said about the workshop?