The Utah County 4-H Shooting Sports Program provides a variety of opportunities for 4-H youth to learn firearm safety, build new skills, and have fun in a safe, supervised environment. Youth have the opportunity to receive rank advancements and awards in a competitive setting.
For information on specific disciplines and contests please see the menu to the left.
Click HERE to find a club near you.
Youth Age Divisions:
Utah 4-H Age Divisions are based on a child’s school grade.
- *Cloverbud 4-H Members Kindergarten through 2nd Grade
- *Junior 4-H Members 3rd through 5th Grade
- Intermediate 4-H Members 6th through 8th Grade
- Senior 4-H Members 9th through 12th Grade
Youth who are homeschooled will follow the Utah State Board of Education criteria for grade placement based on age and should enroll in the grade based upon the USBE criteria for their age as of September 1, 2020.
- *Cloverbud 4-H Members Ages 5 through 7
- *Junior 4-H Members Ages 8 through 10
- Intermediate 4-H Members Ages 11 through 13
- Senior 4-H Members Ages 14 through 18
*Youth MUST be age 8 AND in 3rd grade to participate in large animal, shooting sports, and ATV projects and activities. Youth turning 8 AND in 3rd grade may participate after their 8th birthday during the 4-H year. Please note that youth must turn 8 by the ownership deadline (100 days prior to the show for cattle, 60 days prior to the show for sheep, goats, and hogs) to participate in the horse and livestock program.