Utah County 4-H offers a variety of competition opportunities for youth to showcase the knowledge and skills developed from project participation.
Contests are designed to fit a variety of levels. These levels progress and opportunities for participation vary based on age.
Club ⇒ County ⇒ State ⇒ National
For information on specific contests please see the menu to the left.
Besides traditional contests, Utah County 4-H Offers a variety of county challenges. Examples of these challenge include the Healthy Living Challenge, 4-H Clover Clues, and more!
For more information see the menu to the left!
Youth Age Divisions:
Utah 4-H Age Divisions are based on a child’s school grade.
- *Cloverbud 4-H Members Kindergarten through 2nd Grade
- *Junior 4-H Members 3rd through 5th Grade
- Intermediate 4-H Members 6th through 8th Grade
- Senior 4-H Members 9th through 12th Grade
Youth who are homeschooled will follow the Utah State Board of Education criteria for grade placement based on age and should enroll in the grade based upon the USBE criteria for their age as of September 1, 2020.
- *Cloverbud 4-H Members Ages 5 through 7
- *Junior 4-H Members Ages 8 through 10
- Intermediate 4-H Members Ages 11 through 13
- Senior 4-H Members Ages 14 through 18
*Youth MUST be age 8 AND in 3rd grade to participate in large animal, shooting sports, and ATV projects and activities. Youth turning 8 AND in 3rd grade may participate after their 8th birthday during the 4-H year. Please note that youth must turn 8 by the ownership deadline (100 days prior to the show for cattle, 60 days prior to the show for sheep, goats, and hogs) to participate in the horse and livestock program.
Need a reminder?