Sanpete County Office
What is USU Extension?With offices covering Utah's 29 counties, Utah State University Extension provides research-based community education, resources and programs in the areas of agriculture and natural resources; business and community; food, health, and wellness; home, finance, and relationships; and 4-H and youth.
How We Can Help
USU Extension offers expertise and pertinent information specific to the needs of our county
Agriculture & Natural Resources
Sanpete County is one of the primary agricultural production regions in the state. In 2007 County Production Statistics (2007 Utah Agricultural Statistics), the county ranked first in the production of turkeys and had the largest inventory of sheep in the state.
The Sanpete County Extension office is involved in developing research and educational materials and programs to assist the agriculture community with production goals.
The Utah State University Extension Office in Sanpete County is here to bring the resources of the University to the good folks in Sanpete County.
USUAL: Soil, Manure, Plant, Feed, and Water Testing
USUAL is here to help you solve many of your gardening, lawn, plant, and animal feed problems. We are the only soil testing lab in Utah open to the general public. We work closely with your County Extension Agent to best serve you.
Food $ense (SNAP-Ed) provides nutrition education to SNAP recipients and food stamp eligible individuals and families. Food $ense (SNAP-Ed) offers a variety of classes to expand participants’ knowledge of nutrition, budgeting, cooking, food safety, and physical activity.
Home, Family and Food
- Healthy Relationships
- Live Well Utah
- Stronger Marriage
- Remarriage & Stepfamilies
- Family Relationship Resources
- Tips for Strengthening Family Relationships
- Connecting Across the Miles: Long Distance Family Relationships
- 20 Holiday Traditions to Bring Families Together
- Tips to De-Stress Your Holiday Season
- Tips for Controlling Holiday Spending
- Holiday Spending Plan
- Strengthen Family Bonds throughout the Holiday Season
- Connecting for Kids Resources:
- Family Mealtime Resources
- Food $ense (SNAP-Ed)
- Food Safety Managers Course
- Food Safety
- Food Storage & Preservation
- National Center for Home Food Preservation
- Utah Altitude Chart by City
- Utah Altitude Chart by County
Sanpete County 4-H Resources
The primary goal of 4-H is to assist youth in developing life skills that help them live productive and satisfying lives. Some important life skills include making decisions, solving problems, relating to others, planning and organizing, communicating with others, leading self and others, and applying science and technology.
4-H Enrollment Information
County Fair Information
- Enter Your County Fair Exhibits - ****PLEASE CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD EACH YEAR****
- County Fair Exhibit Deadlines and Guidelines
- State Fair Book 2021
- Fair Judging Guidelines
- County Fair Canning Guidelines
- County Fair Canning Labels
Sanpete County Highlights
Clover Connection Newsletters
- Fall 2021
- Summer 2021
- Spring 2021
- Winter 2021
- Fall 2020
- Summer 2020
- Spring 2020
- Winter 2020
- Summer 2015
2021 Sanpete County 4-H Scholarship Applications are Due May 7th, 2021
High school students in 11th or 12th grade who have an "active status" in the 4-H program can apply for 4-H scholarships that can be used toward their higher education.
USU Extension Sanpete County Contact Information
USU Extension Sanpete County Events
Select Calendar Date
Select Calendar View