View full calendar


    Rural Tax Education Agriculture COVID-19 Resources

    Article from Center for Agriculture Law and Taxation


    Millard County is one of the top producing agricultural regions in Utah. The most productive farmland is found in the desert valleys with the Sevier River as an important source of water. Grazing lands are found throughout the county, with most stock moving from the valleys and foothills in the winter to the high mountains in the summer. Private lands comprise 13 percent of the county, while the remaining 87 percent is under management of the Federal and State governments.

    Millard County annually ranks in the top five for most individual Utah agricultural commodities with total annual cash receipts nearing $130,000,000. These commodities are:  

    • Hay Production      289,000 Tons
    • Milk Cows                 19,000 Head
    • All Cattle                   73,000 Head
    • Corn (Grain)           211,000 Bu
    • Corn (Silage)          140,000 Ton
    • Oats                         58,000 Bu
    • All Wheat               143,000 Bu
    • All Barley               274,000 Bu


    The Millard County USU Extension office offers a wide range of materials and resources related to livestock, crops, soils, agriculture profitability, weed control, farm and ranch management, range, home horticulture, gardening, insects and water management.