Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
How long can I keep meat, poultry, vegetables, etc. in the freezer?
Rate This FAQ
Foods kept in the freezer will be safe for years; however, quality starts to decrease for most products in 9-12 months. If foods are left in the freezer for long periods of time they may develop freezer burn or develop undesirable flavors. For the best quality, use frozen items within one year.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I made an apple pumpkin butter and processed it as instructed for 10 minutes in a water bath. There are air bubbles that appeared after processing. The lids have sealed and there were no other problems. Should it still be safe to store and eat?
- Is it safe to store food in their cans in the refrigerator?
- I am going out of the country for a few years and will be unable to purchase powdered sugar and also tomato paste where I will be living. Is there a way I can make these things myself using very basic products?
- What is being done to promote healthy eating in schools?
- Can I use a wood cutting board?
- The nectarines on my tree are not round and smooth; they are lumpy. Is there something I need to do for the tree?
- How many tomatoes, potatoes, etc. in a pound?
- What happens if you make and use a product that had weevils? Will you get sick?