Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
How long can I keep meat, poultry, vegetables, etc. in the freezer?
Rate This FAQ
Foods kept in the freezer will be safe for years; however, quality starts to decrease for most products in 9-12 months. If foods are left in the freezer for long periods of time they may develop freezer burn or develop undesirable flavors. For the best quality, use frozen items within one year.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- How safe are home canned quick breads?
- Is there a way to can something that has cooked eggs in it (like lemon curd) and store it safely, unrefridgerated, like bottled jam. (Not just storing it for 2-3 weeks in the fridge.)
- How can I eat healthier at fast food restaurants?
- Do you have recipes for cooking pumpkin?
- Do you have suggestions for nutritious brown bag lunches?
- What is being done to promote healthy eating in schools?
- Is it safe to store food in their cans in the refrigerator?
- How many tomatoes, potatoes, etc. in a pound?