Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
How long can I keep meat, poultry, vegetables, etc. in the freezer?
Rate This FAQ
Foods kept in the freezer will be safe for years; however, quality starts to decrease for most products in 9-12 months. If foods are left in the freezer for long periods of time they may develop freezer burn or develop undesirable flavors. For the best quality, use frozen items within one year.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I baked a German Chocolate cake yesterday that after baking and cooling slightly, you poke holes and put sweetened condensed milk in the holes, then you put a jar of butterscotch caramel topping on. I forgot to put it in the refrigerator before going to bed. Is is okay to eat? It doesn't have the Cool Whip on top yet.
- I just prepared chicken and spilled juices on the counter, how do I sanitize the countertop?
- I live in Provo Canyon and want a peach tree that grows big, wonderful, juicy, beautiful peaches (not so much for canning but for deserts). Do you have a recommendation?
- Do you have a safe tomato salsa recipe that incorporates green peppers?
- What is the effect of irradiation on food packaging, especially on p.v.c?
- When the calories are listed on a food product, is that "as is" being unprepared or is that prepared? For example, bacon might list a 2 slice portion at 100 calories?
- I purchased some sealed pouches of cornmeal in 1999. It has been stored sometimes in wrm climates nd for the last 3 years in a cool climatel Is it still good and useable? Thank you in advance. Jim Burkey
- I have uncooked steak that's been in the fridge for about 1 week. Is it safe to cook & eat it now?