Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
How long can I keep meat, poultry, vegetables, etc. in the freezer?
Rate This FAQ
Foods kept in the freezer will be safe for years; however, quality starts to decrease for most products in 9-12 months. If foods are left in the freezer for long periods of time they may develop freezer burn or develop undesirable flavors. For the best quality, use frozen items within one year.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I left a pot of soup out after dinner last night; I went to bed and forgot about it. Is it safe to eat if I boil the soup really hard for a long time?
- How do I keep my family from getting sick from food poisoning?
- I baked a German Chocolate cake yesterday that after baking and cooling slightly, you poke holes and put sweetened condensed milk in the holes, then you put a jar of butterscotch caramel topping on. I forgot to put it in the refrigerator before going to bed. Is is okay to eat? It doesn't have the Cool Whip on top yet.
- The nectarines on my tree are not round and smooth; they are lumpy. Is there something I need to do for the tree?
- How long can I keep leftovers in the refrigerator?
- Is tomato soup and tomato sauce safe to eat if they squirt out of the can when they are opened?
- Do habanero peppers ripen on the vine?
- Can you substitute cooking oil for shortening/lard in a cake recipe in equal parts?