Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
How long can I keep meat, poultry, vegetables, etc. in the freezer?
Rate This FAQ
Foods kept in the freezer will be safe for years; however, quality starts to decrease for most products in 9-12 months. If foods are left in the freezer for long periods of time they may develop freezer burn or develop undesirable flavors. For the best quality, use frozen items within one year.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Do you have information on freezer meals?
- How can I make sure my eggs are safe?
- Are steam canners safe to use?
- Is it safe to defrost meat on the counter?
- How do I get rid of the flour weevils that I have in my kitchen without destroying all of my boxed mixes, etc. I know I've got to spray something but is there anything that will leave the food safe for consumption?
- I am going out of the country for a few years and will be unable to purchase powdered sugar and also tomato paste where I will be living. Is there a way I can make these things myself using very basic products?
- Will you please send me a recipe for pesto?
- Do I need to use soap and water to clean fresh fruits and vegetables?