Food Safety Managers Certificate Program
- Most USU Testing centers are open. However, you should call to verify you can schedule a FSMC exam.
- Both the Utah Dept. Agriculture and Utah Dept Health have officially placed expiring Food Safety Managers certificates on hold until July 1, 2020. Since August 2020, they have returned to expecting food safety managers to have renewed their food safety manager certificates.
- If you have any troubles scheduling exams please contact Terry Boharsik (email@example.com).
Access the Food Safety Managers Certificate (FSMC) program.
- Each person needs a separate email account. We can no longer accept one email for multiple people within an organization. If you do not have an email account, you will need to sign up for an email account before registering for the FSMC Program.
- Step-by-step instructions can be found on the “How to Enroll” Page if needed.
- You only have 90 days to complete the online course.
Taking the Exam
The Food Safety Managers Certificate is a proctored exam and must be taken at an approved testing center. A list of testing centers can be found here. The Food Safety Managers Certificate exams are bilingual (English-Spanish).
Utah FSMC provides the restaurant and food service industry with an up-to-date, comprehensive food safety training and certification program. The course and exam were reviewed in January 2015 and are in agreement with both the 2009 and 2013 US FDA model Food Codes. The Utah Food Code is modeled after the 2009 US FDA model Food Code and will soon be updated to the 2013 code. All materials were approved by the Utah Department of Health and were written to meet the requirements of the Utah Food Safety Manager Rule. Certification is recognized in all counties of Utah. Certification is NOT recognized outside of Utah. Our course was created with the highest standards in training and certification and it’s offered in several delivery methods including: textbook, DVD, and online. A Spanish language textbook is also available. The online and DVD training is only in English at this time.
IMPORTANT: For those who are pressed for time to complete and pass the FSMC exam, please be aware that the Utah Food Safety Managers Certification rule specifically states that you must PASS the exam. It does not require that you have the certificate in your possession. Paper certificates take several weeks to receive by US Mail. The USU Extension Office should issue a temporary certificate. If they do not offer to print a temporary certificate, remind them to print one.