Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Where can I find an extensive list of drought tolerant trees, perennials and shrubs?
Rate This FAQ
We are working on a list of low water use plants to add to our website, so keep checking for that!
There is currently a lengthy publication on our Extension website called ‘Water Wise Landscaping' that has a list of plants starting on page 37 (http://web2.ad.ext.usu.edu/drought/htm/publications/publication=5859) as well as a bulletin on ‘Selection and Culture of Landscape Plants in Utah (http://web2.ad.ext.usu.edu/drought/htm/publications/publication=5859). Jordan Valley Water Conservancy District has a website highlighting the drought tolerant plants in their demonstration garden (http://www.jvwcd.org/STF/stf.html). The Salt Lake City Dept of Utilities just came out with a really nice park strip guide with some perennial plant suggestions (http://www.slcgov.com/utilities/conservation/pdf/parkstrip.pdf)
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- The governor's initiative says that I shouldn't water between 10AM and 6 PM. Won't I have disease problems if I irrigate at night?
- I am looking to plant Buffalo grass, which type of Buffalo grass would you recommend for Tooele?
- Can I use laundry water to water plants and lawn instead of just sending it into the sewer?
- I am currently looking to put in a turf grass and I wanted to know which would be the better choice between Buffalograss, Blue grama, crested wheat grass or Sideoats grama grass?
- I live in Provo and have two large dogs. They have made my back yard dirt. To fix this, should I sod or hydro seed?
- What kind of grass does well in St. George with minimal watering and how/when can we start it from seed?
- It is July 6th and I have a dirt yard now. Is it too late to plant a few trees and shrubs and would it be better to hydroseed now or wait until September?
- I have someone with about ¾ of an acre and they want to plant some kind of grass that won't require a lot of water or mowing but is good for children to play on.