Cache County 4-H Youth Programs
...for my club, my community and my world!
- 4-H Registration process for new members and to re-enroll for the new year
- Online event registration through 4-Honline.com
- Medical, Photo Release, Code of Conduct event form
- Cache County 4-H Program/Activity Financial Assistance Policy
Cache County 4-H Teen Council
- Currently enrolled in 9th-12th grades
- Interested in Leadership and Service
- Enthusiastic about 4-H
- Attend activities
- Encourage others youth to join 4-H
Cache County 4-H Ambassadors
Qualifications for Cache County Ambassadors:
· Currently enrolled in 4th – 12th grades
· Enrolled in 4-H for at least one years
· Active in local club
· Enthusiastic about 4-H
· Have time to fulfill County Ambassador role
· Willing to attend Ambassador Orientation and planning meetings
· Willing to serve in Ambassador roles when asked
Duties of County Ambassadors
· Attend Ambassador Orientation and planning sessions
· Recruit new members and help organize new clubs
· Represent 4-H in a public relations role
· Promote 4-H with potential members, parents and general public
· Help conduct 4-H events
· Organize 4-H promotion activities
· Develop personal leadership skills and self-confidence
· Encourage financial support for 4-H
Upcoming 4-H Youth Programs and Events
4-H Youth Programs Registration is due
The 4-H year runs from October 1 to September 30 each year. The $5 Registration fee can be paid in person (check or cash only) at the 4-H desk in the Extension Office, Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Please stop by and register your club so that you are sure to receive information that is mailed out regarding all of the upcoming activities.
4-H State Portfolio Deadline
A portfolio is an organized collection of a person's progress, achievements, contributions, and efforts that demonstrate accomplishments over time. Portfolios can be used when applying for scholarships. They also must be turned in when applying to attend National 4-H Congress in Atlanta, Georgia. Portfolios are due February 15 by 5:00 pm. Portfolios may be turned in to the Extension or State 4-H office on USU’s campus.
4-H Mock Legislature (State Event)
Keep your eye out for Mock Legislature 2015. Mock Legislature is held under the direction of the State 4-H Ambassadors and their advisor, Craig Dart. It is held at the Utah State Capitol building in the House Chambers. Guest speakers and a tour of the capitol are included as well as a debate over the 15 bills that the youth present. You won’t want to miss this!
4-H Cooking Camp (March 16, 23, 30 & April 6,13, 30)
The theme for this year is “MyPlate Land”. You'll visit the MyPlate Farm, race through Fitness Forest, and explore the Demonstration Depot. To register go to http://ut.4Honline.com to register and for an information packet click here.
4-H Hockey Night with the Utah Grizzlies (March 21)
The Utah Grizzlies hockey team and Utah 4-H invite all USU Extension 4-H members, volunteers, staff, and families to participate in “4-H Hockey Night” on March 21, 2015 at 7:05 pm in the Maverick Center, 3200 South Decker Lake Drive, West Valley City. Join other 4-H’ers in welcoming the Grizzlies through a human tunnel and cheering them on to victory. If you have never been to a hockey game, now is the time to go! You won’t want to miss this fun evening with 4-H friends and family.
To purchase tickets, please call Andrew Petras at 801-988-8007. Ticket prices are discounted from $27.00 to $17.00, $19.00 to $11.00, and $12.00 to $10.00. Tickets will be delivered by e-mailed or picked up at will call. Don’t procrastinate, tickets are subject to availability and MUST be purchased PRIOR to . Click here for a seating chart.
Teen Sewing Camp (March 20,21)
Teens ages 13-18 are invited to have a great time with their friends while learning how to make a disappearing 9 patch quilt! Camp will be at the Crystal Inn in Logan. Camp will cost $35 plus each camper will need to purchase her own fabric and supplies. More information click here and registration is available at https://ut.4honline.com.
Horse Trail Clinic (March 28)
Horse Trail Clinic March 28, 2015 register online at http://ut.4honline.com
Sewing Camp (June 22 & June 23,24)
We will be offering two sessions for Sewing Camp 2015. The first will be June 22 for beginners and June 23-24 for advanced. The second session will be July 7 for beginners and July 8-9 for advanced. For more details please click here for more details on the projects. Registration will be be open soon.
English Horse Camp June 9-11, 2015 register on line or download the registration form and return to the 4-H office
First Step Horse Camp June 22, 2015 register online at https://ut.4honline.com
Western Horse Camp July 15-17, 2015 register on line at https://ut.4honline.com
County Fair 4-H Building Fair Exhibit Entry Information
4-H Building Exhibits should be entered on-line prior to bringing your items to the fair. Follow the instructions found in the Cache County Online 4-H Fair Entry INSTRUCTIONS link below. This will give you step by step instructions on how to enter all of the exhibits. Remember that all 4-H exhibit items (except for garden produce) must be entered between 3:00 pm and 7:00 pm, Monday, August 3, 2015.
- Cache County Online 4-H Fair Entry INSTRUCTIONS
- Cache County Online 4-H Fair Entry Record Form
- Cache County Online 4-H Fair Entry Record Form > fillable form version
Activities for Kids and Teens
Aggie Adventures great summer fun for all kids.
Aggie Adventure teen counselors application are needed to help with the Aggie Adventure Camps. If you are 14-17 years of age and want to earn a life skill incentive while having fun, return the application to the 4-H office.
- 4-H Day Camp changed to Family Fun Night August 17, 2015 from 3:30-9:30 at Willow Park and Aquatic Center!
- Sewing Camp for all skill levels. Learn to make fun all the things you
- I 4-H Camp (State Event) for youth in the 7th or 8th grade in the current 4-H year.
- County Contests
- State Contests
- Junior Youth Conference (JYC) (State Event) for youth in 5th or 6th grade in the current 4-H year.
- Cache County Fair