Beaver County Agriculture
USU Extension Beaver County office builds agricultural programs to provide educational opportunities for youth and adults. A few of his programs include:
- Soil, crop and water testing. (Forms needed for these services are linked for your convenience, or are available at the Extension Office.)
- Pest management of weevil, grasshoppers, mormon crickets, gophers and ground squirrels.
- Water quality and quantity.
Other programs include:
- Woody Biomass Field days; a program focused on utilization of pinyon and juniper pine for fuel.
- Sweep Net Sampling; a program to aid alfalfa producers in monitoring weevil and other bug infestations.
- Range Trials spanning 12 years to identify which range grasses do best in our area.
- Watershed Day; a youth program committed to improving the Beaver River Watershed.
- Ag in the Classroom; a county wide program introducing many aspects of agriculture.
Please call the USU Extension Beaver County Office with any questions at (435) 438-6450.