Farm Financial Health
Save the Date: Direct Payments to Ag Producers - Coronavirus Food Assistance Program (CFAP)
Webinar June 4th at 3:00 PM.
Recorded webinar here
Utah State University Extension and Utah USDA Farm Service Agency are providing a seminar on the Coronavirus Farm Assistance Program (CFAP) that provides direct payment to farmers.
USDA’s Farm Service Agency began accepting CFAP applications on May 26. The program provides direct payments to producers impacted by price declines and additional marketing costs associated with COVID-19. This one-hour webinar, offered at no charge, will walk producers through the details and definitions key to this program, and help equip them for the application process. The presenters will also answer common questions. The program will be recorded and made available for replay.
Details on the CFAP: https://www.farmers.gov/cfap
Here is a list of crops and livestock eligible. They may add more over time. I believe diary and beef have some pretty good programs. The list of crops and other details are on the website in the email.
- Non-specialty Crops: malting barley, canola, corn, upland cotton, millet, oats, soybeans, sorghum, sunflowers, durum wheat, and hard red spring wheat
- Livestock: cattle, hogs, and sheep (lambs and yearlings only)
- Specialty Crops
- Fruits: apples, avocados, blueberries, cantaloupe, grapefruit, kiwifruit, lemons, oranges, papaya, peaches, pears, raspberries, strawberries, tangerines, tomatoes, watermelons
- Vegetables: artichokes, asparagus, broccoli, cabbage, carrots, cauliflower, celery, sweet corn, cucumbers, eggplant, garlic, iceberg lettuce, romaine lettuce, dry onions, green onions, peppers, potatoes, rhubarb, spinach, squash, sweet potatoes, taro
- Nuts: almonds, pecans, walnuts
- Other: beans, mushrooms