Let's learn about how sunscreen works. Which SPF (Sun Protection Factor) sunscreens work best? Let's do a test.
What You Need
You'll need to buy the materials online:
- Color Changing UV Beads from Steve Spangler's Website
- Sunscreen (different SPF values such as 4, 15, 50)
What You Do
- Apply sunscreen to the beads.
- Expose them to sun for 5 minutes and look for changes in color.
- To test different SPF values, put sunscreen on beads and place them in a labeled (with SPF) zip-lock bag for testing.
- Which sunscreens work best?
- For more experiments with UV beads, go to Steve Spangler's website.
Use the following resources to learn more:
Watch the Steve Spangler video on YouTube.