Let's build a rocket and use a rubberband launcher to make it fly!
What You Need
- toilet paper tubes
- construction paper and/or aluminum foil
- card board
- 2x4, 2 nails, rubber bands
What You Do
- Decorate Tube
- Cut 4 slits in one end of tube.
- Cut out 2 triangles.
- Cut a slit halfway through the triangle 1 from the top.
Cut a slit halfway through triangle 2 from the button.
- Place the triangle 2 in the rocket.
Place triangle 1 in the rocket.
- Cut out a circle.
- Cut a slit from the edge to the center.
- Turn your circle into a cone and tape it.
- Tape the cone to your rocket.
- Build your launcher using a 2x4 base, 2 nails, and rubber bands.
- Compare the launchers. Which works best?
Adapted from Enchanted Learning http://www.enchantedlearning.com/crafts/astronomy/rocket/