What You Need
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup milk or half & half
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 tablespoons rock salt
- 1 pint-size Ziploc plastic bag
- 1 gallon-size Ziploc plastic
- ice cubes
What You Do
- Fill the large bag half full of ice, and add the rock salt. Seal the bag.
- Put milk, vanilla, and sugar into the small bag, and seal it.
- Place the small bag inside the large one and seal again carefully.
- Shake until mixture is ice cream, about 5 minutes.
- Wipe off top of small bag, then open carefully and enjoy
TIPS: To make a larger amount, try doubling the recipe. Anything larger might be too big for kids to pick-up, because the ice itself is quite heavy.
The project above was part of the Cookin' Up Science program.
Photo courtesy of Flickr and Roboddy.