The Health Rocks program focuses on preventative skills including:
- Ways to work with stress
- Positive methods for expressing emotions
- Tools for saying no to drugs/alcohol
- Ideas for healthy activities and fun
- Work with elementary grade students on prevention activities
- Coordinate programs that discuss the ramifications of poor choices
- Direct activities that focus on making healthy choices
- Persuade young people to sign pledges committing to abstinence related to tobacco and drug abuse
4-H Health Rocks Leadership (2008-2009)
- Adult Leader: Paige Cook
- Teen Leaders: Amber Cook, Victoria Sorenson
- Teen Volunteers: Karina Petty, Taylor Robins, Cason Chappell, Amanda Grundy, Chloe Garcia, Jameson Pace, Kamrynn Stringham, Tyree Davis, Susan Hamilton, Colin Anderson, and Addyson Reynolds
Explore news items related to this program: November 24, 2009.
To learn more about the national program, go to 4-H Health Rocks.